Pages

Thursday 20 November 2014

Countdown to Christmas #1 Advent Treat Box Stack

Here it is, the first signs of the Countdown to Christmas and my beautiful All Is Calm Treat Box Advent project which I sooooo loved making!  It was in my favourite All Is Calm speciality paper, but not only that, it was lots of little cute Tiny Treat Boxes, I love cute little things as you know. Shhh! It is a secret as to whether any of the boxes have any little surpirses left in them!


The Tiny Treat Boxes feature in the Autumn/Winter catalogue and come in a pack of 25 boxes perfect for advent. Someone at Stampin' Up! obviously thought of this project when designing the pack, right?  They are £6.25 for the pack and have been very popular, too popular for demand!  Not to worry, if you like the project and they are on back order, why not make your own tiny boxes with the Gift Box Punch Board (new in the Aumtun/Winter Catalogue)?  You can make a very small 1.75" x 1.75" box.  Or even make a very small box with the Envelope Punch Board if you already have it. (You will need to rotate how the boxes are stuck together and opened for these two methods).

  
One of our lovely team, Tracy Liscombe had put the project together and shared (we love sharing) and I was straight on to ordering my boxes and the number die (Perfect Print Numbers Die for the Big Shot) to have a play. 

Now, each of my boxes has been decorated with a square of the DSP paper and then number added.  I set my number on dimensionals which was a bit fiddly, but along with the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper it made them dazzle that little bit more. I used little strips of the foam pad from around the edges of Dimensionals. A very economical use for the leftovers too.


There are so many extras on here, too many to list! There is Baker's Twine, Rhinestones, Itty Bitty Accent punched Stars, ribbons, and greetings to mention just a few.  My little white and blue buttons I made using the Simply Pressed Clay and the Buttons and Blossoms Simply Pressed Clay Moulds. I then coloured then with a Soft Sky marker for the blue ones. The Nordic buttons from the Autumn/Winter catalogue have buttons just the right size too.

I found lots of the Holiday Homes stamp set was the right size to stamp onto the DSP paper to add some images. If you can spot him there is a little snowman. There are also Snowflakes and Santa of course who makes an appearance on Day 25.

I hope you love this project as much as I do and want to give it a try yourself.

Suzanne
x

You can use a multiple of stamps and products you have to decorate your project how you wish, but here is some of the list of products (well most of what) I used


Alternative boxes can be made with one of the following tools and some Kraft Cardstock or coloured card:




To place an order, book a workshop in your home or come to a class, just drop me an email at craftyinkbuds@sky.com. Remember you can now order online at anytime too.

No comments:

Post a Comment